The desert city of Jaisalmer, has become a major tourist destination where especially in winters, millions of travellers visit this desert city, especially to enjoy the Jaisalmer desert safari tour. But sadly there was no airport and most travellers had to visit Jaisalmer either via train or road.
But in 2017, Jaisalmer Airport (JSA) got its 1st direct flight from Delhi and by 2019, more than 6 cities direct flights became available. These cities are Delhi, Jaipur, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Surat and Jodhpur. Below you will find all the information you are looking for Jaisalmer Airport.
Jaisalmer Airport Address and contact details
- Address: Air Force School Rd, Shastri Nagar, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001
- Phone: 02992 250 048
- Website: NA
List of non-stop flights that lands and leave from Jaisalmer Airport
- Ahmedabad 1h 40m SpiceJet
- Jaipur 1h 15m SpiceJet
- Mumbai 1h 35m SpiceJet
- New Delhi 1h 25m SpiceJet
- Surat 1h 40m SpiceJet
Facilities available at Jaisalmer Airport
Jaisalmer Airport is a domestic airport, which is situated 17 km from Jaisalmer city. It has electronic displays flashing flight information, trolleys for luggage, ATM machines for cash withdrawal, snack shops, and many other facilities.
List of Hotels near Jaisalmer Airport
- Club Mahindra Jaisalmer: 2 km
- Fort Rajwada: 12.2 km
- The Desert Palace: 12.4 km
- Chokhi Dhani The Palace Hotel: 12.4 km
- Hotel Rawalkot: 12.9 km
- Desert Tulip Hotel & Resort: 13 km
- Oasis Jaisalmer Hotel: 13 km
Public transport at Jaisalmer Airport
As Jaisalmer Airport is located 17 km from the city, you will have to take rickshaws and taxis from Jaisalmer Airport to go to the city. In the city, rickshaws will take you for local sightseeing, or you can hire private cabs to tour Jaisalmer.
You will get more information on http://rajputanacabs.in/jaisalmer/.
List of tourist attractions near Jaisalmer Airport
- Gadisar Lake: 13.2 km
- Golden Fort of Jaisalmer: 13.9 km
- Salim Singh ki Haveli: 13.3 km
- Desert Cultural Centre & Museum: 13.4 km
- Patwon ki Haveli: 13.7 km
- Nathmal ki Haveli: 14.3 km
- Vyas Chhatri: 15.4 km
- Jaisalmer War Museum: 20.8 km
- Bada Bagh: 20.9 km
- Kuldhara Abandoned Village: 32.6 km
- Khuri sand dunes: 54 km
- Sam sand dunes: 55 km
- Tanot Mata Temple: 135 km
- Longewala: 138 km
List of closest Airports from Jaisalmer Airport
And also view our complete Rajasthan Airport Guide.