Our Rajasthan Airport Guide for travellers planning to visit Rajasthan
Rajasthan is one of Top 2 tourist states in India (Kerala being anther) and millions or travellers (from India and abroad) visit every year to see its palaces, forts and buy the famous handicraft.
Previously travellers use to start their Rajasthan trip from Delhi Airport or Ahmedabad Airport, as these 2 were the closest international airports from Rajasthan. But today, Rajasthan has more than 5 major airports that are connected will al Tier 1 cities of India.
Below you will find a detailed information guide on all the domestic and international airports in Rajasthan. You will find the all relevant details about Rajasthan airports, including their:
- Airport Names
- Airport location/ address
- Airport contact numbers
- List of flights that leave from these airports
And many such useful bits of information for tourists travelling to Rajasthan.
1. How many airports are there in Rajasthan?
In Rajasthan, Jaipur has the only international airport, while all the others are domestic airports. All these airports are located in major cities and they are:
- Jaipur International Airport (JAI) in Jaipur
- Maharana Pratap Airport (UDR) in Udaipur
- Jodhpur Airport (JDH) in Jodhpur
- Bikaner Airport is called as Nal Airport (BKB), and
- Jaisalmer Airport (JSA) is Jaisalmer, which opened for public in 2017
The most popular Airport here is Jaipur Airport, which has the highest number flights landing daily, more details mentioned below.
2. International airports in Rajasthan
Jaipur is the only city which has an international airport in Rajasthan. International flights take off from Jaipur International Airport, and these are listed below.
List of international flights that leaves from Jaipur International Airport
- Thai Airways: Jaipur to Bangkok, Thailand
- Thai Smile: Jaipur to Bangkok, Thailand
- Tiger Airways: Jaipur to Singapore
- Air Asia X: Jaipur to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- SpiceJet: Jaipur to Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Air Arabia: Jaipur to Sharjah, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Oman Air: Jaipur to Muscat, Oman
- Etihad Airways: Jaipur to Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
3. Domestic airports in Rajasthan
All the airport names that we have mentioned above are all domestic airports if Rajasthan and below you will find complete details (address, flights schedule, facilities, nearby hotels, nearby tourist sites etc) about these airports of Rajasthan
3.1 Jaipur International Airport
Address and contact information of Jaipur Airport
- Address: Airport Rd, Sanganer, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302017
- Phone: +91 141 255 0623
- Website: https://www.jaipurairport.com/
List of non-stop flights that lands and leave from Jaipur Airport
- Agra: 1h 0m Air India
- Ahmedabad 1h 20m SpiceJet, IndiGo, GoAir
- Bangkok, Thailand 4h 15m Thai Smile, Thai AirAsia
- Bengaluru 2h 30m IndiGo, AirAsia (India)
- Bhopal 1h 25m Air India, SpiceJet
- Bikaner 1h 0m Air India
- Chandigarh 1h 30m Jet Airways
- Chennai 2h 30m IndiGo
- Dubai (UAE) 3h 40m SpiceJet, Air-India Express
- Guwahati 2h 55m SpiceJet
- Hyderabad 2h 0m IndiGo, AirAsia (India), SpiceJet
- Indore 1h 45m Jet Airways
- Jaisalmer 1h 15m SpiceJet
- Kolkata 2h 15m IndiGo, GoAir, Air India
- Kochi 2h 35m IndiGo
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 5h 20m AirAsia X
- Lucknow 1h 25m Air India, IndiGo, Jet Airways
- Mumbai 1h 55m IndiGo, Jet Airways, GoAir
- Muscat, Oman 3h 20m Oman Air
- New Delhi 1h 0m IndiGo, Jet Airways, Air India
- Pune 1h 45m IndiGo, AirAsia (India)
- Sharjah – United Arab Emirates 3h 30m Air Arabia
- Shirdi 1h 40m SpiceJet
- Surat 1h 45m SpiceJet, IndiGo
- Udaipur 55m IndiGo, SpiceJet, Air India
- Vadodara 1h 40m Jet Airways
- Varanasi 1h 30m SpiceJet, IndiGo
Facilities available at Jaipur Airport
Jaipur International Airport is just as beautiful as the city itself. Bright Rajasthani paintings adorn the walls, and there are facilities for the modern traveller.
There are lounges to rest and relax while waiting for their flights. Baggage carts are available, and there are ATM machines for withdrawing cash and free wi-fi availability too.
There are cafes and restaurants inside the airport lounge, and gift shops to buy souvenirs. Medical facilities are available for emergencies. Information desks and counters for currency exchange are helpful for international tourists.
List of Hotels near Jaipur Airport
Jaipur is a beautiful city, with some excellent hotels to stay. At a distance of 1-4 km from Jaipur International Airport, you can find some best hotels such as:
- Jaipur Marriott Hotel
- Hotel Royal Orchid
- Clarks Amer
- Radisson Blu Jaipur
- The Lalit Jaipur
- The Theme
- Clarion Hotel Bella Casa
- The Fern – An Ecotel Hotel
Public transport at Jaipur Airport
From Jaipur Airport, you can get many modes of public transport to tour the city and to go to other cities. You can book a RTDC taxi from the taxi booth inside the airport itself.
There are auto-rickshaws lined up outside the airport, which are cheaper than the taxis. You can even get a bus from the bus stop located near the airport. Find out more details at www.jaipurairport.com/transport.php
You can also book a tourist taxi in Jaipur from travel agency like Rajputana Cabs, who offer Sedan, Suv and Tempo travellers in Jaipur for Airport pick and drop service.
And finally you can also use Jaipur Metro, which is still in its 1st phase and the nearest metro station from Jaipur Airport is New Aatish Market Metro Station, which is 8.6 km away.
List of tourist attractions near Jaipur Airport
- Patrika Gate: 2.3 km
- Jhalana Leopard Safari: 6.4 km
- Birla Temple: 8.6 km
- Albert Hall: 10.7 km
- Chokhi Dhani: 11.7 km
List of closest Airports from Jaipur Airport
- Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi: 254 km
- Jodhpur Airport: 338 km
- Bikaner Airport: 362 km
- Maharana Pratap Airport in Udaipur: 412 km
- Jaisalmer Airport: 581 km
= = = = = = =
3.2 Jodhpur Airport
Jodhpur is the 2nd biggest city in Rajasthan, which has an Airport (Jodhpur Airport, IATA name JDH). The history of Jodhpur airport is very interesting as it was created in the 1920’s by the Maharaja of Jodhpur (Umaid Singh) and later this Airport was also used by the Royal Air Force (RAF) during the 2nd World War.
Click the link below to view all details of Jodhpur Airport.
3.3 Maharana Pratap Airport
Udaipur Airport, whose official name is Maharana Pratap Airport (IATA name UDR) names after the famous Mewar king Marana Pratap who ruled Udaipur (& whole Mewar) in 14th century. Udaipur Airport is situated a bit away from Udaipur city (22 km east) but it only takes around 20-25 minutes to reach Udaipur city.
Click the link below to view all details of Udaipur Airport.
3.4 Jaisalmer Airport
From 2017, the Jaisalmer Airport was re-open for travellers to get direct flights or one stop flights from cities like Delhi, Jaipur, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Surat and Jodhpur. Jaisalmer Airport (IATA name: JSA) is a desert airport where you will view the sand dunes while landing, a beautiful view which is rare in India.
Click the link below to view all details of Jaisalmer Airport.
3.5 Bikaner Airport
Bikaner Airport, official name is Nal Airport, was opened in 1964 for Indian Air Force, and now travellers from Delhi and Jaipur (only) get direct flights, which one stop slights lets travellers from other cities to arrive in Bikaner via flight.
Click the link below to view all details of Jodhpur Airport.
4. Upcoming airports in Rajasthan
Tourism in Rajasthan is going to see a new boost with plans to build domestic airports at Sawai Madhopur, Kishangarh in Ajmer, Kota, Alwar, and Bhilwara.